DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS GOING IN A 2004 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS!!!

For subs i have made the decision to go with RE but i dont know whether to go with one 12 SX or 2 10's SE however i am leaning toward the pair of tens...i dont want anything obnoxiously loud but i do want to feel it w/out compromising sq...i was suggested by the RE Tech to build a ported box tuned low to be able to play loud and retain quality of the bass...

For the amp was thinking of US amps md.1dn

I went to a stereo shop and he said I shouldn't go w/sealed because w/big cars all the bass gets trapped in the trunk....suggested I build ported enclosure vented into the arm rest or rear deck...I don't want to do any major reconstruction but I was thinkin if I just remove the factory sub and use that open space as my vent to the trunk and whether ported or sealed I will have a way for the bass to travel into the cabin of my sedan.

So would my idea work for what I am trying to accomplish?

Are there any suggestions for mounting the amp under the rear deck?

THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'd recommend looking into a 6th order bandpass design ported through the factory sub hole in the rear deck.
My last car was a 2005 DTS, I believe the rear deck and trunk are similar, I went with a Fi Q15 sealed at 2.5 cubes just below the rear deck opening. Output was phenomenal, it actually cracked my windshield where the rearview mirror was mounted while I was doing my initial tuning.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Maybe an IDMAX would work in that situation [ sealed, or ported and tuned low ].

The benefit of the sub would be if it didn't get loud enough you could suspend it from the rear deck and go IB.

Thus playing into the cabin area !

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'd go with 2 10's ported. More cone area, plus less stress on your subs when you do wanna get loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is IB??? (not good with all the jargon)

And Thanks for all of you guys suggestions i really plan on making this an investment not just a throw away project!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts