DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my stereo for my seat ibiza, from the standard alba, to a Pioneer MVH-180Ui. I fitted it all fine and it was working perfectly until my friend rather annoyingly cranked it up to max volume when listening to some Jamie XX. Seconds after the stereo simply blacked out, and i have had no power from it since.

i presumed it was the fuse so i tested both the 10 amp in the stereo and the 20 amp in the fuse box and even with new fuses it made no difference, so i sent the stereo back and got a JVC KD-X220 instead.

After receiving the stereo i fitted it and i am having the same problem with no power, even though i have troubleshooted the fuses and replaced the stereo? is there something i have missed?

Another weird thing about the power situation is that my original Alba standard stereo still works when plugged in!

can someone help, i want to try and use halfords as a last resort as money is slim haha!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The car should have a fuse for Constant power and for the accessory turn on, you need to check both of these. I have seen random fuses go out and cause the radio not to work. You may want to just check all the fuses, in car and under hood just to be safe.

·
Registered
486 Posts
See if any of the power wires has come loose from adapter cable sockets if you use one to fit it to original wiring.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes check the fuses, but more-so, grab a meter and test for 12V on the two wires behind the head unit(battery and ignition). If you've got power on both, then you've replaced the proper fuses and you might need to look at the ground on the head unit. If all 3 are solid, then the head unit should be powering up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts