DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a new subwoofer and amp set up in my BMW 2013 x5 yesterday. I had a professional installation done, using 1 sealed shallow mount JL audio tw3 10 inch subwoofer, and JL audio's 500 watt amp. I also had subwoofer volume knob and LC2 installed.

I paid top dollar to have the best system in my car, since I love my car, and I love a good sounding system. However, I notice that when I turn up the volume knob of the subwoofer, the subwoofer seems to overpower the car. I listen to both rock and rap. Surely, it makes the car shake, but it just does not match the audio, everything just seems to shake. It seems distorted and does not sound good. It seems like the sound is massively reverberating and echoing.

Is there possibly an amp setting that will tone down the intensity and boom of the subwoofer, other than the knob. I have the knob turned all the way down and it goes way, but i do not get any depth. I only wanted a little bit more depth and bass to my music.

I started researching amp settings, is it possible the gain is set incorrectly, the crossover, or the high and lows? Or any other possible configuration settings. I haven't touched any of the settings, because I do not have a lot of knowledge about the system, and didn't want to fry anything.

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

· Registered
465 Posts
If you paid top dollar and are not happy with it, take it back to the installer and explain the problem. they should help you if you're not happy with it, that would be easier than trying to troubleshoot and teach tuning through the forum.

The gain could be too high, there's no danger in turning it down, you will just get less output.

The crossovers could be set incorrectly on the sub, but without the actual settings anyone would just be guessing.

if you post what things are set to perhaps we can help more.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,052 Posts
Just had a new subwoofer and amp set up in my BMW 2013 x5 yesterday. I had a professional installation done, using 1 sealed shallow mount JL audio tw3 10 inch subwoofer, and JL audio's 500 watt amp. I also had subwoofer volume knob and LC2 installed.

I paid top dollar to have the best system in my car, since I love my car, and I love a good sounding system. However, I notice that when I turn up the volume knob of the subwoofer, the subwoofer seems to overpower the car. I listen to both rock and rap. Surely, it makes the car shake, but it just does not match the audio, everything just seems to shake. It seems distorted and does not sound good. It seems like the sound is massively reverberating and echoing.

Is there possibly an amp setting that will tone down the intensity and boom of the subwoofer, other than the knob. I have the knob turned all the way down and it goes way, but i do not get any depth. I only wanted a little bit more depth and bass to my music.

I started researching amp settings, is it possible the gain is set incorrectly, the crossover, or the high and lows? Or any other possible configuration settings. I haven't touched any of the settings, because I do not have a lot of knowledge about the system, and didn't want to fry anything.

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.
Turn the Accubass on the LC2 off or all the way counter clockwise. If it’s set wrong it will muddy the bass. Also make sure your amplifier bass boost (if it has this) is all the way off.

https://www.audiocontrol.com/downloads/car/current/lc2i/lc2i-user-manual.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.