DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on installing a single ID8 in my little two-seater, and could some assistance figuring out the amp/sub wiring. This sub has dual 4-ohm coils, so I understand it can be setup as either a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load.

The amp I want to use is the Soundstream Van Gogh series, which offers choices of 4 ohm stereo, 2 ohm stereo, or 4 ohm bridged.

What's the best way to set this up? I'm more interested in quality than quantity in the sound.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
the only thing you can do is run 4ohm stereo... a channel to each coil or simply wire it in series to get an 8ohm load and just bridge that to both channels, same thing.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
You'd want the dual 2 ohm version. If you already own the dual 4, wire it in series by connecting the pos of your amp to the pos of the first voice coil, the negative of that same voice coil to the pos of the second voice coil, and then the neg of that second voice coil to the neg on your amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.