DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at adding to high output alternators on a 07 tahoe what all would i need to make this work right with out damaging my electric system and i will be adding a extra battery to what are some good brand alternators I'm looking at mechman right now thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Mechman is the way to go for the HO Alternator. When purchasing batteries, make sure they're the same make & model. Finally, add 1/0 gauge Power Cable under the hood.

·
Registered
898 Posts
First off before we get to an alt, what amps, and what are you running?

Note: more then one battery is moot unless you play with your audio when your car is off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running a jl hd 6004 and going to be running either the rockford fosgate t2500 or the mtx 4001 on either the rf t2 15s or the dd 9515 2 15s and i have dvd screens in the back of the head rest and a flip down and 2 dvd players and a convertor for playing xbox360 or ps3 and when i wire up the extra alt is there away that i should wire this up or and extra stuff that i need to install with it

·
Registered
898 Posts
You will need to replace your existing alt and replace it with a high output one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K so would I be ok with just changing the factory alt out to a Ho alt would that be enough or should I run 2 Ho alt and do I need extra batteries

·
Registered
572 Posts
K so would I be ok with just changing the factory alt out to a Ho alt would that be enough or should I run 2 Ho alt and do I need extra batteries
No one will be able to answer this question until you tell us what you are running... HU/AMPS/PROCESSORS/SUBS.....

You most likely only need one High Output alt unless you are installing an insain amount of gear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im running the pioneer avic 130 2 pairs of jl audio c5 6 1/2s and the jl audio hd 600/4 amp and 2 digital design 9515h subs and the rockford fosgate amp t2500-1bdcp or the mtx amp t4001d and i have 2 headrest screens and one 15in flip down screen and 2 dvd players and a convertor for power for a xbox360 or ps3

·
Registered
403 Posts
why do you have 2 DVD players?

Why would your converter (normally called a Power Inverter) only work for a Xbox360 or a PS3? Are you saying it would not power up an Wii or even an Atari 2600?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts