DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
help with 2004 VW Golf stereo wiring

i am wiring a deck for a 2005 four door VW golf...i get power and the deck turns on...but we get no sound out to the speakers...it looks like someone cut the monsoon amplifier out of the trunk cargo area (there is cut cord like someone stole it out of there)...i can't find the wiring diagram for the stock amp. I should be able to use the stock speakers connection behind the deck and then jump them where the amp was....right?

can someone shed some light on this for me?...thanks...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
figured it out...

i love putting my problem solving skills to work...

next thing...has anyone put an aftermarket tweeter in the stock locations?...i had a friend's brother buy a set of components without actually checking to see what would fit...the driver side stock woofer is beat to hell so we are going to replace it...the driver side tweeter also has no output...i assume that its fried...but havent checked it at the tweeter itself to get a reading on it...

(yes i am in the process of searching also :) )

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like i am going to have to dremel out the stock speaker...

(i love the internet...i wish they had this when i was a kid)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had a 2002 GTI, it's pretty much the same car, I was able to put in tweeters behind the sail panel in the stock locations, but it had to have less depth than like .6 inch. Something low profile like that.

Those door speakers need to be drilled out someway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts