DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Recently purchase the TH 1.5 II Violino tweeter to go with my gb60 and need some help xo points for a 2way setup. Vehicle is a 2014 Lexus gs350, gb60 or in the door factory location and tweeters are in factory location corner dash. Thanks

· Registered
10,773 Posts
They claim as low as 1.5khz with a 12dB slope, I certainly wouldn't push them that low, but 1.8khz or 2khz with a 24dB slope should work really nicely. Go higher if you listen pretty loud, your car should be reasonably quiet, so you shouldn't need to compete with road noise the way many people do in eco cars.

· Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the help. I actually swapped out the gb15 for Violino lol. I definitely listen too my music loud. Definitely will give 1.8khz and how low on the db would u set them at?

· Registered
10,773 Posts
Ok, well then you'll need to set them to match the midrange speakers. Do you have a measurement mic? If you don't have a mic you can get a rough idea with a phone RTA app, or just set by ear. There's absolutely no way to guess where you should set the levels from here.

· Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, well then you'll need to set them to match the midrange speakers. Do you have a measurement mic? If you don't have a mic you can get a rough idea with a phone RTA app, or just set by ear. There's absolutely no way to guess where you should set the levels from here.
Yes I have the helix Mtk-1 and the UMIK-1. How would I go about using a RTA app with the UMIK-1? I’m new to using a dsp and mic? Thanks for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.