DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway...

I just picked up a second hand set of Dayton tweets but have a problem. Neither terminal is marked which is pos nor neg! I asked the previous owner and he never knew either. They were never marked when shipped. Anyone know anything?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Shouldn't really matter as long as its a nonpolar system. Remember phase changes can be made at the amp, thats basically it really, and basically the +/- markers are for phasing.

Hope this is right.

·
Registered
530 Posts
never had a pair myself-but are both terminals the same size?if not usually the larger of the two is the pos.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Hookup to a small battery, if the cone goes out you have it wired correctly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
npdang said:
Hookup to a small battery, if the cone goes out you have it wired correctly.

Cool, I guess I'll try that with an AA when I'm ready to install. Of course I may switch the polarity anyway on one for tuning. :rolleyes: It is just a good place to start...

·
Registered
433 Posts
The pair of dayton tweets I used to build the home BR-1 kit had either a white dot near the + terminal or a red painted dot on the +terminal..can't remember which. But, look for some sort of mark. I guess not marking an obvious '+' is one of the ways dayton saves $$

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ATB said:
The pair of dayton tweets I used to build the home BR-1 kit had either a white dot near the + terminal or a red painted dot on the +terminal

Sorry people, no dots on mine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
531 Posts
tokyofist said:
eek, either my eyes are bad or that would be pretty hard to tell with a tweeter :cool:

agreed :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
the sicker that says dayton and then follows w/ the model #...
poss is to the left of the Dayton logo (also the closest)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts