DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If you've read any of my recent posts you know I am completely new at tuning car audio equipment :) ... and I'm having trouble getting the stock speakers to sound decent (I do plan on replacing them at some point next year)

I am learning as I go ... changing settings, making notes & getting to hear the differences BUT I don't know the basics of certain things and have to ask about them here

I installed ms8 and ran new speaker wire to all drivers and I just can't seem to find the perfect xover points (I separated front drivers 6 1/2" & tweet onto their own channels) I realized that my amp also has crossovers built in and NOT defeatable as far as I can tell. I have them dialed all the way HI or LOW depending on driver but I'm now wondering if they are compromising what the ms8 active crosses are trying to do before signal gets to amps (cheap Eclipse EA 4100)

1 - is this an issue?
2- how do you deal with it?

Thank you any guidance you can offer

Michael

Oh ... only front door 6 1/2" and 8" sub are on the amp - everything else is on processor

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
If you are sure its the amp just shop up another used amp cheap. Not much you can do if you can't turn the xover off in the amp and the processor expects the signal to be full range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts