DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,

I am looking for 2 10" subs to fit under back seat for my truck. Subs will be getting 1 cu ft sealed box. I am looking for something that will hit very hard. I would like a SQ sub but would like to turn it up at the same time. I do not want to go with shallow subs but will consider the JL Audio below.

Here is what I am considering so far.

Sundown Audio SA10
JL 10tw3
JL 10w6 (if I can fit it in)

and open to suggestions.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have (2) of the 10tw3's in my f250. They are in seperate powerwedge boxes. I think they are good for sq. the bass isnt overpowering and goes well with my front stage. They dont hit really hard unless im listening to rap or dance music.

·
Registered
855 Posts
What kind of truck? I have a pair of JL 10W6 V2s in stealthboxes under my rear seat in my 02 Silverado extended cab. They have amazing output and go very deep, they easily rock my extended cab and I usually have to turn them down.

·
Registered
524 Posts
sd 10 is better for a sealed enclisure; sa10 is better in a vented enclosure. sa10 has a larger magnet and will be capable of taking more power (aka abuse). sd10 is rated for 500 watts; the sa10 for 600. Search to see that this power rating is very conservative, especially for the the sa. Since you are going for a small box, the sd would be better suited. How about a pair of sd8's instead of 1 10?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a set of Hertz ml2500 10" subwoofers. Great SQ subs with some very nice output, if your interested.

Sent from another planet using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts