DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys when i got hasty when i purchased my 8053 on ebay used with no manual,well i just put in a new optima batt. and turned on my deck and the screen dispays security then some numbers,i diconected pwr to the veh-didnt work and then to deck only,and tried the reset function,i played the cd that was in when i cut pwr wich no no buttons worked but played the disk at mod. levels,i never set the security on that i know of -i dont have a clue without the manual to do it, what do your manuals state??? any help is appreciated thx guys playing ball tonight ill check after the games :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bad news I'm afraid. Eclipse uses a cd as a key for the security. You have to insert the correct cd that was setup as the key cd to unlock it. Inserting the wrong cd will cause an ERR message which will change to a flashing DISC and then the cd gets ejected. After 5 incorrect attempts the display will read HELP. At that point you can press button 6, then the FUNC button and hold them both for five seconds. Press the FUNC button again and you'll get 5 more tries. After the 10th failure you'll get a CALL800 message and at that point you have to call Eclipse and send it back to them so they can unlock it. Their 800 number is 800-233-2216 but since you got it off ebay I doubt they'll help.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx much for the help xen and spirit,funny thing is ive had it for over a year now with no problems,ive even taken it out several times with no esn coming up,maybe i set it unknowingly?this time replacing the batt. it popps up and ruins my day! :confused: after the correct disk is in do you have to do anything at that piont to activate?or does it do it automatically? thx guys

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thx demon, it wont prevent anyone from stealing it,but it will piss him off if he does!! i dont even know how i set mine, just went out and tried some disks with no luck the screen reads security 7b300298 any ideas? thx

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
You have to call Eclipse... those headunits are NOTORIOUS for doing that when they lose power.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
^^^^ yeeepppp!!! they may not help you though since you bought it off ebay, i have a friend who did the same and eclipse would not even repair the unit for a fee.... they said next time buy authorized. i bought mine off ebay as well and im hoping i never have an issue. the newer ones like the one i have are supposed to be much better with this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx. all for your help, time to burn some minutes!

·
Registered
702 Posts
demon2091tb said:
I have a brand new 8053, havn't set the cdkey yet, should I? or what.?
I would, for the simple fact that if you are ever in this situation you will know what disc to use to unlock it.

I have an 8053 and haven't set the ESN yet. But the more I read, the more it tempts me to. Like npdang said; they are notorious for locking after losing power even if you never activated the ESN. Which means it will be a PITA trying to get it unlocked.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
deff. squeak,good piont,if i would have known about this prob. i would have did it myself!i guess even if you dont take your deck out several times like i did ,this could happen if your car batt. goes dead

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update with good news!!called eclipse esn sevice and helped me unlock my deck with several procedures,dont know if my case was diff than anyone elses but it lives again!! :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Maybe you could give a short list of the procedures they had you do, so we might get a feel for how it is done should we ever be in the same unfortunate circumstance ;) :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not shure if i want to post it up ,pm me if anyone would like a description,

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Anyone know what to do when this happens?

I just swapped batteries tonight and now it says FFFFFFFFFFFF. I'm supposed to drive +4 hrs to Chicago tomorrow. Now I have no tunes. Somebody ****ing shoot me :bash::evil2:

·
Registered
91 Posts
They have to give you an unlock code. I got mine off ebay so they charged me $25 to run through the process. It's mine again, though.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They have to give you an unlock code. I got mine off ebay so they charged me $25 to run through the process. It's mine again, though.
Nice! $25, wow, rape, lol. So did you have to pull it from the car to read the security number and stuff? Guess I'll try that when I come back.

I tried calling their number listed on their website and they were unresponsive so I sent an email.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
UPDATE:

Thanks bud. That worked. And thanks for noting you got it off ebay as that was easier for me to tell them then "I got it off a car forum" :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts