DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
The 556u ring can go around the outside of the OEM ring, it's not near as picky about location as the manual makes it seem.

To only bypass the clutch during rs you need a relay.

You will cut one of the wires running to the clutch switch(doesn't matter which) and connect the vehicle side of the cut wire to pin 30 and the other side of the same cut wire to pin 87a.
pin 85, constant 12v fused
pin 86 Negative ignition output of your RS

Wired this way the RS is just unplugging the switch when activated, so the polarity of the circuit in the car doesnt matter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Okay, thanks. I think ill just leave the clutch switch unplugged though. Lol Seems like alot of work for something thats not that big of a deal.

And the way the lower steering wheel cover fits over the ignition I can't wrap it around the round recessed part of the black plastic either. I would have to wrap it around that whole piece. Would it still be okay with like half the ring being pretty far away from the ignition? Or should I just try and tap in to the factory ring? I noticed it only has 2 wires going to it and they are both the same color, so im not sure how that works. The manual says I cut one of the wires, does it matter which one?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not many cars use a normally closed circuit for the switch, I'd probably just leave it unplugged as well.

I would try it with the ring however you can place it before you cut into the factory immobilizer wiring. I used to tape it down around the outside of the key cylinders and never had any issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Finally got everything running. It was a nightmare trying to get a key made but I eventually got one. Everything works perfectly except I can't figure out how to turn on the manual transmission mode. I tried searching online but all I could find was info on how to deactivate it, not activating it.

I left my car in gear and let it crank just to see how far it would move with the ebrake on. It jumped a good 15-20 feet on the first start and I know it will try a couple more times after that. So I definitely need that turned on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Also, is there a way to shorten the cranking time during the remote start? I noticed it turns the starter probably twice as long as it actually needs to start the car. I can hear the starter grinding a little bit on every start. Figure thats probably not very good for the starter in the long run.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thank you! Thats exactly what I needed. I was searching for over a hour just looking for how to switch to mts mode and everything I found was just talking about disabling it.

And thanks again for all your help dude. I was pretty confused about all the wiring at first but after finishing the install it all makes alot more sense. I should be able to do my other car no problem now. Hardest part for me actually was just planning on how to run all the wires and where to put the brain/556u. I did it in a way to where all wiring looks factory and the brain/556u is hidden though so I probably spent way more time on that than I needed. Lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So I tried adjusting the crank time and it was already set to the lowest setting which was .6 seconds. I guess my car just starts really fast because thats still twice as long as I need. Is it possible to lower it even more or am I stuck with the .6 setting?

And I can't get my car to remote start at all with mts enabled. I tried following the directions and it just keeps saying remote start error. I know my brake and ebrake are hooked up correctly because they both will kill the car with the remote start running in auto mode. And I've tested the door triggers also and all those work correctly. So I'm not sure exactly what is preventing me from enabling mts mode when the mts mode is set.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I tried adjusting the crank time and it was already set to the lowest setting which was .6 seconds. I guess my car just starts really fast because thats still twice as long as I need. Is it possible to lower it even more or am I stuck with the .6 setting?

And I can't get my car to remote start at all with mts enabled. I tried following the directions and it just keeps saying remote start error. I know my brake and ebrake are hooked up correctly because they both will kill the car with the remote start running in auto mode. And I've tested the door triggers also and all those work correctly. So I'm not sure exactly what is preventing me from enabling mts mode when the mts mode is set.
You can not set manual transmission mode unless you have connected the tach wire and followed the tach learn procedure.

The tach wire is violet /white in pin 12 of the aux connector, in your car it's a white(sometimes white/red) wire in a one pin connector in the underhood fuse box. Using the actual tach signal will also fix your extended crank issue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Cool, that fixed both my problems. I had the tach wire hooked up already, I just didn't realize I had to program it. Now mts mode works and there is zero starter grind on start up. Thanks!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts