DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need need some advice on putting a system together for my car my budget is around $2000. I’m a big fan of mids and highs but do like some bass to fill the rest of the sound. Plan on keeping the stock headunit. I listen to a lot of hiphop and rap (soul samples)

Here’s what I was thinking (Not set on this like I said open to input, feedback and advice)

I’m thinking 3-way in the front so

Morel maximo ultra 603 MKII

Rear

Morel temp ultra 602 MKII

SUB
not sure which sub was thinking a skar or DD audio

8” wanna use the stock location and maybe have the box built with the use of the rear deck lid idk

Amp

Audio control D-5.1300

· Registered
5,774 Posts
Hey guys need need some advice on putting a system together for my car my budget is around $2000. I’m a big fan of mids and highs but do like some bass to fill the rest of the sound. Plan on keeping the stock headunit. I listen to a lot of hiphop and rap (soul samples)

Here’s what I was thinking (Not set on this like I said open to input, feedback and advice)

I’m thinking 3-way in the front so

Morel maximo ultra 603 MKII

Rear

Morel temp ultra 602 MKII

SUB
not sure which sub was thinking a skar or DD audio

8” wanna use the stock location and maybe have the box built with the use of the rear deck lid idk

Amp

Audio control D-5.1300

Unfortunately, it's one of the most difficult and frustrating cars to put an aftermarket stereo system in! :(

Check out the "Installer Diaries" series of videos for this vehicle on 5 Star Car Stereo and Dean and Fernando's Car Stereo Clips YouTube channels.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,520 Posts
Mark Levinson system?

· Registered
5,774 Posts
anyone???
If you're doing the install work yourself, you might come away with a decent system at your current budget. It will largely depend on if you are truly wanting a good SQ system which necessitates a decent DSP or DSP/Amplifier combo and a moderate dose of good quality sound deadening products.

If a (reputable) shop is going to do the install, be prepared to pay a bit more to significantly more. As I stated, this particular vehicle is a PITA to do a proper aftermarket stereo upgrade in. Labor and the necessary OEM integration will drive the price up.

Again, take a look at the 5 Star Car Stereo YouTube videos for this vehicle to get an idea of what was needed and installed. They don't give out pricing, but the absolute minimum I would guess for their installs in these vehicles is probably at least $2,500 and more likely $3,500+. I know that might seem crazy, especially when keeping the OEM head unit, but it is what it is.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,520 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're doing the install work yourself, you might come away with a decent system at your current budget. It will largely depend on if you are truly wanting a good SQ system which necessitates a decent DSP or DSP/Amplifier combo and a moderate dose of good quality sound deadening products.

If a (reputable) shop is going to do the install, be prepared to pay a bit more to significantly more. As I stated, this particular vehicle is a PITA to do a proper aftermarket stereo upgrade in. Labor and the necessary OEM integration will drive the price up.

Again, take a look at the 5 Star Car Stereo YouTube videos for this vehicle to get an idea of what was needed and installed. They don't give out pricing, but the absolute minimum I would guess for their installs in these vehicles is probably at least $2,500 and more likely $3,500+. I know that might seem crazy, especially when keeping the OEM head unit, but it is what it is.
I looked up the video and it was a Lexus ls460 . But yea I’m having someone do the install. the amp I mentioned does has a built in dsp

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck! Not an easy integration. What do you feel it's lacking?
Umm well one of the tweeters seems to be blown on the dash it gets distorted at times, also the subwoofer is blown. Iv got an old jl 250 slash i was thinking maybe just replacing the sub and calling it a day but then there’s still an issue with the tweeter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.