DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Ok I think I finally solved my dilemma with my truck.

1. Fuse and fuse holder made a difference, but didn’t solve the problem.
  2. Changed my JL speakers to my Rainbows to see how this would turn out. Rainbow tweeter would cut out. Switched sides of X-Overs and problem switched so I have a bad X-Over with that set.
  3. Switched my Rainbows to my Focals. Still sounded bad. I changed the Power Wire, ground wire and speaker wires. The ground was bad. There was six holes that were rusted from previous shops doing who knows what. So I had the holes grinded and welded. Then made a new hole for a new ground which I ended up buying the JL Ground lug.
  4. After all of this my Focals still sounded bad. So I switched my amp to my old original amp that I used to use and that made a huge difference in the performance. So there is something wrong with my second amp but not sure what.
  5. Finally I was able to pinpoint another issue. One tweeter sounds recessed. So I unplugged the external X-Overs on the Focals and plugged the speakers directly into the amp and used the settings on there to set the crossovers. Everything performed like it used to except the one tweeter. Yes the tweeter is bad.
So after over a year of struggling with this I think I have finally solved this puzzle of craziness. Now I just need to replace my Focals with a functioning component set, and everything should go back to being enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
A single probablem can take poeple a while to sort out.

When you more than one issue it can be harder.
I think you had a tweeter, XO, and amp...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
A single probablem can take poeple a while to sort out.

When you more than one issue it can be harder.
I think you had a tweeter, XO, and amp...
Yeah brother, Any problem you can think of, I most likely have.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts