DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i am new to the site and not sure if this is where i can ask this. if im in the wrong place let me know. well im helping my roomate out with his system he has a 03 jeep grand cherokee with a pioneer 6.5" indash hu not sure what model it is with a crossfire cfa-602 amplifier which is a 300x2 pushing a 15" jl w3 in a sealed probox. the woofer started making a weird humming noise constantly after it had been working fine for about 5 months. ive tried changing rca's and the noise was stillt there. i grounded the amp to a bolt under the back seats. im pretty sure its not the groud since when i first installed it it worked fine. what should i try? thanks in advance. this is a great site ill post pics of my system later when i get some pics!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im thinking its the amp i tried the box in my truck and it plays fine. maybes its the old crossfire amp?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
That is called troubleshooting. Try different thing like you did until you isolate the problem. If it worked fine in you car, then you know it is not the sub. I would now pull the amp from your car and hook it into his car to bypass his amp and see if it is the amp. It everything works...the amp is bad (probably the case). If it is still having problems, you will have to test the RCA's and then the head unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont really feel like taking out my amp and putting it in his but i did try to isolate the problem and i got something when i started moving the wires in back of the head unit it sort of went away then it came back but only happend once and couldnt find it again. should i try grounding the hu to a another location other than the wire fromt he factory harness?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had a simular problem and found that the speaker wire to the sub was grounding somewhere. Try replacing the speaker wires to the sub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts