DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 1990 Susuki Samurai.

There is currently a blank for a stereo so was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Just need to know how to connect up for power Etc? Pretty savvy with basic electrics and I fitted headunits in the past so not a complete newbie.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Even with a blank panel, there’s probably a harness in there and you can buy a aftermarket harness to plug in. Now of course you need speakers too and that wiring is also probably sitting somewhere near the factory speaker locations tucked away. Have you taken anything apart to look? I recommend doing so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is very basic. There is no loom for the stereo.

I have been looking and aiming to get a fuse tap for the switch live and then go direct to the battery for a constant.

Does this sound right?

Regarding speakers, they are being specially made as there is nowhere to house them. But I can connect those easily direct to the speakers once all set up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you can’t find any factory circuit intended for a radio then, yes. I’d run a 10ga or so from the battery and use a relay to create an ignition line off the same battery constant line. I’m sure there’s a trigger like near the key cylinder you can find using a DMM. Find a good ground location too for radio and relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So have away with the fuse tap?

Just have a single wire coming from the battery with a relay connected to create two wires, a switched and a constant?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts