DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow all been a long time since posting but now need some input with selection of speakers for my wife's van.

We have the JVC R800 deck installed

Along have a few 4004 and 2002 rock amps sitting waiting to start the a install.

This will be going into a 2000 Dodge Caravan with stock speaker location in the door and rear (non INFINITY SYTEM)

I have looked at installing the speakers in the doors and see this as no issue for me or my installer who will be doing work for me on this install.

I am use to very good mids and have ribbon tweeters in all our home audio speakers with by the way are all 3 way sytems less my large 4 way system.

The speakers we are looking at for lower volume listining ownly.

We will add in a small 10" or a pair of SDX7 for lower end which again not going to hit high SPl put rather clean smooth and detailed.

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
opps missed the question!!

Looking for input as far as selection of components?
I had a list ready to post but the links would not post due to limitations.

I looked at Diamonds, DLS,JL to name a few price point was less than 200 per set as this is the Mrs van.

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Precision Power 356CS seem to be a popular budget comp set. Can be had for about $120- $140 online. I'm gonna get a set for my wife.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I seen that set but the 87db sensitivity bothers me. The 87db will use a lot of the 50 watts just to get them going.

Think I need around 90-92 db sensitivity range.

Like I said low volume listening.. Mainly with MRS has a hearing issue with high volume but cleanlyness in the mid range and good high frequency is the most important.

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DLS Classic C6A
Infinity Reference 6020CS
KAPPA50.7CS
i-6.2 - Zapco 6.5
X5.0 - Phoenix Gold
CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5
MS6A - DLS 6.5
D651s - Diamond Audio 5.25
D351 - Diamond Audio 5.25

Anyone have any input on any of these I have looked at.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Out of your list, would choose any of the DLS speakers. Especially the MS6.
Have the Focal mid in my system but heard the MS6 and it seems better in details and smoothness.

Kelvin

PS: only heard the DLS though

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for the input.
With out being able to listen to them its a shot in the dark I know. One thing that got my attention is the crossovers. If the crossover point is good and well designed it is very rare to see foil inductors in the passive crossovers.

As I have loads of Mundorf Supreme , Mundorf Silver and oil caps I will revamp the crossover caps with Mundorf caps and bypass capacitors. Then the resistors in series I will replace with Mills or Dueland what ever I have on hand.

Thanks for the input Kelivin ;)

RAW

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Diamond Audio S500s - Diamond Audio HEX 5.25" Components W/Silk Tweeters are what i purchased!!

Got a steal on them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts