DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what is going to be instaled in my car , a Daewoo Matiz ( don't laugh :D ) , The Sonys are going onto the back panel , and the Pioneers are going to the front doors . My concern is about the Pioneers , they have 25 watts rms and 130 peak . Sony are 40 watts rms and 190 peak , the head-unit provides 4 x 53 watts . How much would the Pioneers be able to take as max of volume and still sound good , not die or go bad ? If i buy another pair of Pioneers and wire them in parallel (2 speakers on each side) , will they be able to take the full wattage ? :blush: :confused: :thinking2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So this is what is going to be instaled in my car , a Daewoo Matiz ( don't laugh :D ) , The Sonys are going onto the back panel , and the Pioneers are going to the front doors . My concern is about the Pioneers , they have 25 watts rms and 130 peak . Sony are 40 watts rms and 190 peak , the head-unit provides 4 x 53 watts . How much would the Pioneers be able to take as max of volume and still sound good , not die or go bad ? If i buy another pair of Pioneers and wire them in parallel (2 speakers on each side) , will they be able to take the full wattage ? :blush: :confused: :thinking2:
You have ALOT of reading/learning you need to do. Never go by max ratings. RMS is the only wattage number you should be looking at.

In my opinion, nothing sounds good without a dedicated amplifier. The HU internal amplifier is practically nothing.

·
Registered
135i
913 Posts
headunit will do clean 15 RMS and the speakers take 25 RMS. You are going to have to listen to see when you start clipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys ! The information you gave here and what i found in some links tells me that i have nothing to worry about . Future plans are to change all of the 4 speakers with 3-ways ones , cause the both the Pioneer and the Sony are 2-ways and to add a subwoofer to the system , a low wattage one , 100-150 watts rms , coupled with a corresponding amp . Also , should i power the Head-unit directly from the battery , with an another fuse mounted on the power wires ? Battery will be replaced soon , because it dies quickly ( trust me ) and is the old one straight from the factory ( roughly 4 years old ) , and perhaps a stronger alternator ( 100 amp , possibly from a BMW ) adapted to it wouldn't hurt , that is to be instaled for the subwoofer .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.