DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been a long time lurker of the forum, just got around to signing up though!
So basically My car just got totaled the other night, lost a lot of equipment in there too :( Im buying a 2001 BMW 540i or a 98 Jetta tomorrow and This is what I have planned as far as a lower budget SQ setup for the new car.
What do you all think of this, would you change anything? any input is appreciated!!

Front stage - Rainbow SLC 265 Kick
Rear Stage - Rainbow KX 130
2 Channel Amp - Arc Audio FD-2200
Sub - Image Dynamics IDQ12 V3.D2 OR 1 12" IDMAX (thoughts on this one?)
Mono amp - Arc Audio FD600.1
HU - Apline ID-x305
Dynamat throughout car.

This will all run around 1200-1500. again thanks for the input and help!

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I would like to hear those Rainbow; they do have good reviews.

Amps seem a bit costly. I would go with a 5-channel like the Kenwood XR-5S; so you can bridge the front for loads of power. Won't be as much power to the sub...as the FD600, but port an IDQ12 and you'll be good to go.

Not sure why you are looking at that HU, but a Kenwood X995 would be my choice around $200.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which one of those deadeners would be easier to apply for someone with little experience? or are they about the same? I have people riding in the back of my car a lot, so the rear speakers were just being put in for that purpose. i do know about sound staging and all that, but like i said those were just more for the passengers in the back. what is a miniDSP and would would i use it for? thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts