DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing a set of Focal PS 165 speakers up front. I changed from installing the older Boston 6.4LF to wanting to run these Focals instead.

In another thread I asked where to mount tweeter in my car, and was advised the best place was the front sail panel. So that's where I going to mount them. Now I need help with which direction to aim them in.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ichi-sp-10-tweeter-placement-help-please.html

Should I mount the Focal tweeters in the said panel in a X, a \ /, or l l, pointing straight at each front seat? Or at a 90 degree angle --> <--? Also straight level, slightly pointed down, or up? Thanks.

I heard the PS 165 Fogal is a real hot bright tweeter, but then I've read that they compliment perfect if mounted correctly. The 6.5 midbass will be in the factory location bottom low forward in door, near floor.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sail panel will be good location, slightly aim them towards the front seats firing parallel to the floor.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
can you get it so the driver tweet points at the passenger, and vice versa? My OCD also says slightly up:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.