DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The amp will still need power amd ground. The harness that is connected to the amp no longer is connected to the car. You unplugged it. So find the power and ground. Fuse the power. Run it to the battery with some 10 gauge. Then ground the amp. If you have the correct pins. Everything should work as .before. although the input of the amp may be looking for a high level signal. So the rca inputs may not have enough voltage.
You plug the factory hu back in and test the output with a meter. For ac voltage.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply! The amp has a separate power running to the factory fuse block and has its own separate ground. If you look at the schematic the wires from the 16-pin don't even have a power pin.. It's just a remote signal and audio.
Well...with out being there....its gonna be impossible to figure out. Given the information I have.
I have no idea how you actually have it wired.
No pics and all.
You know....pics are worth like a thousand words. So ive heard.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Thanks for the reply and offering help. The wiring diagram for the 16-pin connector is in my original post. I am only looking to see if someone is familiar with this 16-pin connector wiring dedicated to the factory subwoofer/amp only. The only thing I'm looking for is which pins are for the remote wire and subwoofer low level output. The factory amplifier is already grounded and receiving power from via factory wiring which is going to the fuse block. The only wires for the factory amp/subwoofer that are going to the 16-pin connector where the factory head unit was located are those in the wiring diagram.
The diagram isn't much use with out seeing what you have actually done.
You could of had the connecter sideways and counted the pins wrong.
Literally anything.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
One thing I have noticed in your wording. And it could just be mistake.
But in order for this to work.
You will need the outputs from the sub outs from the new hu to go into the amp.
So idk why your looking for audio outputs in the harness. Even you had them. They would dead. The source for the outputs is gone. You replaced it.
So if I were you I would be looking for the audio inputs to factory sub amp.
Assuming you have everything else right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts