DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone here is familiar with older Nissan Versa cars and can help point me in the right direction.

I've installed an aftermarket head unit in a 2007 Nissan Versa SL. Everything is functioning fine, but this Nissan Versa has the stock (optional), 7 speaker audio system with a Rockford Fosgate subwoofer/amplifier kit in the trunk. I've used a Metra kit to get the rest of the speakers functioning, but the subwoofer was connected to the factory head unit using Nissan's 16-pin connector, for which a Metra kit is not available. I've found the schematic for the 16-pin factory connector, but I'm unable to get the subwoofer functioning. I think all I need from this factory connector is the remote wire to turn the amp on, and RCA level output, which I think according to the schematic (screenshot below), are these:

pin 28 - Subwoofer amp. ON signal
pin 31 - Audio out +
pin 33 - Audio out

However, after connecting the remote power from the head unit to pin 28, and connecting an RCA lead to pin 31 and pin 33 to the subwoofer out on the head unit, I'm unable to get any output from the sub.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The amp will still need power amd ground. The harness that is connected to the amp no longer is connected to the car. You unplugged it. So find the power and ground. Fuse the power. Run it to the battery with some 10 gauge. Then ground the amp. If you have the correct pins. Everything should work as .before. although the input of the amp may be looking for a high level signal. So the rca inputs may not have enough voltage.
You plug the factory hu back in and test the output with a meter. For ac voltage.
Hey, thanks for the reply! The amp has a separate power running to the factory fuse block and has its own separate ground. If you look at the schematic the wires from the 16-pin don't even have a power pin.. It's just a remote signal and audio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...with out being there....its gonna be impossible to figure out. Given the information I have.
I have no idea how you actually have it wired.
No pics and all.
You know....pics are worth like a thousand words. So ive heard.
Thanks for the reply and offering help. The wiring diagram for the 16-pin connector is in my original post. I am only looking to see if someone is familiar with this 16-pin connector wiring dedicated to the factory subwoofer/amp only. The only thing I'm looking for is which pins are for the remote wire and subwoofer low level output. The factory amplifier is already grounded and receiving power from via factory wiring which is going to the fuse block. The only wires for the factory amp/subwoofer that are going to the 16-pin connector where the factory head unit was located are those in the wiring diagram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts