DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to break in my speakers and want to make sure I am doing it the right way with out messing these up. Been told to play them for 2-3 weeks straight on low - med volume.

I have a 6 channel cd/stereo that is 225 watts max not sure how much it puts out to each channel. Anyways would be using channels 1 and 2.

I just need to make sure I am doing this right.

Crossover link

Reference series>RB-16.2

This is a passive crossover.

Only have one crossover

The speakers are 4 ohm and the tweeters are 6 ohm.

I didn't have room to draw in + - on the tweeters for the crossover or the stereo. But I would be wiring the tweeters the same way except it will be on channel 2 and I would be putting them on tweeter in + - and tweeter out + -

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why don't you just install them in there final application and play at low volumes for a while. The speakers will break in on their own over time. If you need to hook them up to a receiver just wire the tweets in series on their own channel, and do the same for the mids on the other channel.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Why don't you install them and beat them like a red-headed stepchild? Tune later after you have either broken them, or "broken them in"

If you need to hook them up to a receiver just wire the tweets in series on their own channel, and do the same for the mids on the other channel.
May wanna consider the use of a crossover.

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you install them and beat them like a red-headed stepchild? Tune later after you have either broken them, or "broken them in"

May wanna consider the use of a crossover.
The only reason I am wanting to do it this way is cause I was told at dynaudio that these speakers take 250-300 hrs to break in and that's alot of time to play them before a retune

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I find that number hard to believe, do they give EXACT break-in procedure? How do they know when it's "broken in" what if you sit it on a shelf face-up till the suspension finally sags? Is that broken in then?

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find that number hard to believe, do they give EXACT break-in procedure? How do they know when it's "broken in" what if you sit it on a shelf face-up till the suspension finally sags? Is that broken in then?
^ truth, lol.

I have always heard 60 hours.
NO I have not been given a break in procedure. I was just told 250 - 300 hrs.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
joke^ put them in and play them, or send them to me with 100 bucks, this will include return shipping in the lower 48, I'll break them in for you.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
joke^ put them in and play them, or send them to me with 100 bucks, this will include return shipping in the lower 48, I'll break them in for you.
And also include a waiver to sign so you hold NO responsibility for blowing them up:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts