DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am starting the Trius group buy now. :D For those of you that do not know what these are, you can find info about them HERE and HERE.

If you buy these separate without grills they run about $135 USD before shipping from Europe. The discount I worked out with N-core is greater than the standard 10%-15% from most places. This was a very nice departure from the usual practices.

Now for the particulars:

- I will be offering these for $135 USD a pair without grills or $145 a pair with grills.
This includes shipping to anywhere within CONUS. If you live outside of there please make sure you email (not PM) me at the below address before you order.

-The total order will be for 10 pairs of drivers. Since I want a pair there is room for 9 pair more. You can order as many pair as you want. The list will be filled first come/paid first served.

-In order to facilitate a faster order I will only be accepting Paypal payments.(sorry) This is also to protect you and help make you feel more comfortable. Credit cards through Paypal are fine. Paypal address is lftseat 'at' hotmail.com

- I will only accept an email confirmation to finleyville 'at' gmail.com along with full payment as being a part of this GB. No PM's. (Please note that email address is a different email address than the one I have referenced to this site.) This is to alleviate any confusion to who is in or not. Please include your name, forum user name, and shipping address with your email saying that you already paid. If you want to also include a blurb in this thread that you have paid that is o.k. too. :)

- I will be ordering and shipping all the drivers myself to get our discount. Once I receive the mass driver order I will mini-ship the drivers to fellow members.

- You may order the drivers with/without grills. (Just for you Werewolf. ;) )

- I am not receiving a profit from this endevor. I just plan on covering all the costs involved.

grill mockup

I am sorry that I do not have much feedback on this site. But you can check out my 105+ 100% on eBay here. I will keep the below post updated with the names of members who are in. If there is a strong demand for these then maybe I will offer another GB after this one. ;) Thanks all.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Official Trius list:

1) Finleyville w/ grill
2) MiniVanMan w/o grill
3) Werewolf w/ grill
4) Werewolf w/ grill
5) WLDock w/ grill
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I added pics of both the driver and the grill. The driver pic is the Vifa that the Truis is modified off of. I have been told they are almost indistinguishable from each other.

Rbsarve gave me some info about possible enclosures for the Trius:

Rbsarve said:
The Trius box requrement... Well it wants a big box, we normaly recomend 2 litre minmum! But that is in most cases impossible, what have been done with good results is to make tiny enclosures with a mesh on the rear side and stuff that with polyfill and then insert the Trius. You pay a penalty in the bass output capacity, but 180 Hz is usually no problem with 80 W RMS.
So you can see that sealing them in an enclosure little larger than a coffee mug with a vented back can yield some great results!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
cool GB, glad these are finally making there way to Namerica

just wondering man you have only 4 buyers feedback? got heatware? or any other references from buyers?

thx

and is this okay by rbsarve?? assuming hes the one shipping them?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
newtitan said:
just wondering man you have only 4 buyers feedback? got heatware? or any other references from buyers?

thx

and is this okay by rbsarve?? assuming hes the one shipping them?
Newtitan,

I am sorry for the limited buyers feedback. I do not recycle my belongings like most audio people do. I research something to death only to purchase an item once and keep it for many, many years. If you do not feel comfortable with me then no problem. I can understand in times like these. However, I will do everything in my power to make this GB as smoooooooooth as possible for everyone invloved. This is a great forum with good people. I do not want to tarnish that.

Yes, this GB is actually being secretly sponsered by rbsarve. He is accommodating us very well, I think.

xencloud said:
are the tec planars available for this buy also?
I am in discussion to add the Tec planars as well. We just have to figure out the logistics of numbers and shipping to you folks. As soon as I hear more info I will pass it along to you.

MiniVanMan said:
Don't know what paypal account to send money to.
I just edited the original post to include the Paypal address. Sorry for the confusion. :(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sorry about the small increase in prices. I just remembered the Paypal fees. Since I am not making any money from this their fees would cancel the small shipping price within the states. I promise no more increases! Again, sorry about not realizing this before. (...putting on my flame resistant suit...)

·
Registered
880 Posts
One note on the grills, they are laser cut out of standard grade steel and purposely left without finish. This is to leave as many options open (paint them to match your car, polish them or just put a bit of car wax on them if you like them rough but not rusted.)

I was informed when we placed our december order today by the manufacturer of the Surface Slim planars that they only have "silver" finish in stock. Which means that is what we have, because they are starting to take off here! That is really a tintanium grayish color, but can be repainted faily easily since it is a flat surface.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I'd be potentially interested in the spiral planar tweets (have to do more research and get some numbers to give a 100% answer), but interesting as the Trius looks I still have yet to build the MLTL towers I had planned for the Aura NS3, so count me out of that one.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The grilles are open, no mesh. A mesh or cloth could rater easily be sandwiched in between the inner spacer ring and the outer ZigZag-design plate.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xencloud said:
any upodate on those tec's? I need black ones though!
Well we would need to buy at least 5 sets for the Tec planar GB to work. Plus they would ALL be silver. That is the only choice in color we have right now. The price for the Tec's would be somewhere between $150-$170 for the set of two plus passive x-overs. Do you think we have that much demand here? If we do I do not mind GB'ing these at the same time. What do you think? Actually I thought that the Trius drivers would be selling better than this too. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.