DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem pretty comparable both in price and power. Which one gets the edge? I have heard great things about the JL but not a whole lot about the Hertz amp.

Hertz is smaller, has slightly more power, and is about $50 cheaper.

This website has the best description and price that I have been able to find so far on the internet:

Hertz HDP 5

HD900/5

Here are the manufacturer's websites:

HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo - click on "products", "Hertz Digital Power", mouse over "amplifiers", and click on "HDP 5"

HD900/5 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - HD - JL Audio

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

Also, When I showed a friend these two amps he thought I was crazy for wanting to spend that much on one amp.

·
Registered
396 Posts
HDP over HD900/5, I'd choose the HD900/5 for size, looks, and RIPS. HDP is fairly new and a little lighter on the power side compared to the HD.

What i would choose over both those would be the Audison LRx 5.1k (or the newer Voce 5.1k). Essentially the more powerful version of the HDP5.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Voce 5.1 and the HDP5 are not even close to being the same amp. HDP 5 has 5 channels of Class D. The Voce is the older LRX 5.1 updated, which has class A biased/class AB/class d channels designed for tweeters. mids. and subs. Different power amounts as well: HDP5 - 4 X 70/1 X 500, Voce 5.1 - 2 X 50/2 X 150/1 X 1100. The one similarity between them is that they are both quality amps. You "should" be able to hear differences between them due to the power differential. You "might" not due to both of them being well designed ams. Oh, and the price is quite different as well. JPS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts