DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these? I finally found a dealer by me but he had the HSK 165 (6.5" 2-way system) on the board to listen to.....I am more interested in the 3-way for my setup. This shop wanted $500 for the set

but

I also listened to MB Quart PVI-210 (4" 2-way comp) that has the ability to add a 6.5" midbass (PVI-164) to get to a 3-way system....

Hertz sounded warmer, more natural vs. MB Quart was very bright
anyone have other opinions they would like to share?

I would be running active in my system. My gear is an Alpine w-205 w/ H701 for processing, 2 JL Audio amps (A6450 and A1400) w/ 2 10" Rockford Fosgate Subs.....

Thanks for looking and contributing your thoughts......

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with these? I finally found a dealer by me but he had the HSK 165 (6.5" 2-way system) on the board to listen to.....I am more interested in the 3-way for my setup. This shop wanted $500 for the set

but

I also listened to MB Quart PVI-210 (4" 2-way comp) that has the ability to add a 6.5" midbass (PVI-164) to get to a 3-way system....

Hertz sounded warmer, more natural vs. MB Quart was very bright
anyone have other opinions they would like to share?

I would be running active in my system. My gear is an Alpine w-205 w/ H701 for processing, 2 JL Audio amps (A6450 and A1400) w/ 2 10" Rockford Fosgate Subs.....

Thanks for looking and contributing your thoughts......

nvrmnd

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have only heard good things about the Hertz systems. Never liked the MB Quartz components. Too much tweeter in your face for my liking.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was torn between that exact set on ebay and a DLS 6.3i. I ended up grabbing the 6.3i simply because I've heard them personally before and they were very nice. But as others have said I have heard nothing but great things about the Hertz stuff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts