DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I've been lurking around this forum for quite a while and have searched for many hours on this topic. I can't seem to find a direct comparison.
The vehicle i'm working with is an 2007 Chevrolet Silverado x-cab.

My question for yall is would I be better off using tweeter that came with my hertz hsk165 set or to go an buy the seas neo alum. The tweeter will be mounted in the factory location (way off axis) and paired up with ID oem's.

I'm sorry if this has been posted but I just can't seem to find it. Thank you for any help provided

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey everybody I've been lurking around this forum for quite a while and have searched for many hours on this topic. I can't seem to find a direct comparison.
The vehicle i'm working with is an 2007 Chevrolet Silverado x-cab.

My question for yall is would I be better off using tweeter that came with my hertz hsk165 set or to go an buy the seas neo alum. The tweeter will be mounted in the factory location (way off axis) and paired up with ID oem's.

I'm sorry if this has been posted but I just can't seem to find it. Thank you for any help provided
Can't say I don't like Neo/OEM combo as I chose them myself, but try the Hertz first- since it's factory location doesn't sound like a ton of effort to swap out if you aren't satisfied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. Anybody else?

Reason I'm asking, if I don't have to spend money on seas neo's I don't want to.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Wait do you have the complete HSK set or just the tweeters, what are you doing with the ID OEMs?

I have used both the HSK tweeter and the Seas Neos, totally different tweeters IMO. If you already have the Hertz tweeters, try them out first and if you like them keep them if not then go to the Seas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the complete hsk set but I didn't like the mid so I'm going to use ID oem for the mid instead. Was trying to find out if I should invest in a new tweeter.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
My advice would be to try what you have then change what you dont like, especially if you dont have the money to buy both and try them out

·
Registered
16 Posts
The HSK165 includes of the HT 25 tweeter, and the HV165 woofer
I've heard this component set several times.
I think you are right, there is a lack of mid.
(although the HV165 woofer is capable of producing a lot of bass for a 6.5" speaker).

In my opinion, try the HT 25 tweeter that you already have (as it was told),
if it doesn't sound good, you can sell the complete HSK165 set, and buy a good tweeter that fits your taste.

The dome of your HT25 is made of fabric (tetolon), so Seas Neo alum will probably sound different (I've never heard Seas alum)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Helped a friend with his A4 few months back. quick swap between his hertz and the seas he has. Seas Neo > HT 25, hands down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Helped a friend with his A4 few months back. quick swap between his hertz and the seas he has. Seas Neo > HT 25, hands down.
My problem is there going to be way off axis. That's why i'm trying to find out now. I'd like to thank everyone for there help. Anybody else have something they'd like to add?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the neo/OEM combo and I love it. Mine are pretty close to on axis so I can't help you with a way off axis situation.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My problem is there going to be way off axis. That's why i'm trying to find out now. I'd like to thank everyone for there help. Anybody else have something they'd like to add?
That A4 has both tweets facing each other if that helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts