DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so right now I have a hertz 300D in the back of my car in a ported dual 12 box, but right now I only have 1 12" in the trunk so I'm just using excessive space( the box does have a divider in it). Anyway's I want to remove this huge box from my trunk and replace it with this single 12" box; My question is this single box is a sealed box and the dual box is ported. I'm not sure if I can change it over to sealed or not. Will it hurt the sub? will it apply to much pressure to the sub itself? Does it even matter other than quality? If need be can I just drill a hole in the side of the box?

My setup
Amp: Kenwood KAC-9105D
Sub:Hertz HX300D
[ DualCoil 1200WPeak, 600WCP, 4Ω+4Ω]

·
Registered
183 Posts
consult your manufacturer/manual for recommendations on box type and size.you can gather the T/S parameters an use BassBox, WinISD, some other box modeling software to model a different box design if you wish. however your manufacturer recommendations are usually the best. a sealed box will generally give better SQ with better transient response with the downside of a reduced output. a ported will generally give a louder sound however transient response will suffer as well as SQ to some extent.

·
Registered
183 Posts
here is the link to your manual with manufacturer recommended specs. I suggest you decide what you want from your woofer and build a box yourself rather than use one you just have laying around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts