DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some really nice speakers to replace my Diamond Audio HEX S600s, which are nice but not perfect. Because they lack midbass I have CDT M6 woofers in the kick panels that I could ditch with a new setup. I will have the woofer in a custom door pod/panel that holds the Diamond Audio now. And the tweeter will be in the A pillar around 9 inches away from the woofer in the door.

I am planning to run whatever I get active opposed to passive how I have it now. I am going to run the woofers on my Zapco Ref. 750.2 (175wrms per speaker) and I plan to run the tweeter on another Zapco or the like. Around 70 to 100wrms on each tweeter.

So....what should I get Hertz Mille MLK2TW or the Hybrid Audio Clarus C61??:p I can't fit the Legatia L6SE so that isn't an option right now. Again, either one will run active and the price is in the same ballpark because I can get just the Hertz tweeters and woofers for around $500. And the HAT Clarus set is around that too. I heard the Hertz today and was blown away! My only possible concern with them will be that they lack a little midbass. Some reviews confirmed this. I still haven't heard the HATs yet, but I heard they are really good and probably have a bit more midbass than the Hertz. And HAT is been winning awards left and right.

Thoughts based upon the info above?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I think that you need to listen to both with your favorite music and then decide. I say this because we are dealers for Hertz/Audison and HAT and some customers prefer the HAT over the Hertz and some prefer Hertz over the HAT. Point in case, we have a customer that we built two of his cars, one with HAT and the other with Morel Elates and he likes the Morels over the HAT. I know Morel is not a option in your question but I just wanted to share that story. Good luck, they both make nice products.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If ya' shoot Scott an email, he can probably guide you to a shop that has them on a car/board so ya' can get a demo.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I sent him an email. It is just hard to find a place that will have both, let alone the Legatia on the wall. My concern with the Hertz is they won't have the midbass I want. While they sounded absolutely amazing I felt they may be lack a little midbass, whereas the line under them, high energy? had good midbass but it's midrange was muddier than the Mille. I have Diamond Audio HEX S600s now and the lack of midbass is the problem with them. While the Mille's were some of the better speakers I have heard, they weren't perfect.

I really want Legatia SEs but I don't think I can fit them :( The L1 tweeter is also huge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts