DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to install these speakers in their camry. The car only has the in door speakers. Just wondering if anyone can advice where to place the twitter, or got any pics?

2004 Camry SE V4 no jbl no nav

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Help from a fellow Canadian that used to have a Camry? The mids will easily go into the doors but you will need an mdf baffle to mount it on. Put the tweeters in the apillars crossfiring over the dash. You will need an amp to power it up. Wire directly to the speakers as well - DO NOT use the factory wiring. That annoying little factory tweeter in the dash is wired into the same line as the mids and will mess things up if not taken out of the equation. Seal and deaden those doors too or it'll sound like gipe! You probably know all of this tho :rolleyes: Oh, I've been told those doors can actually easily house a pair of 8 inchers too. Good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help from a fellow Canadian that used to have a Camry? The mids will easily go into the doors but you will need an mdf baffle to mount it on. Put the tweeters in the apillars crossfiring over the dash. You will need an amp to power it up. Wire directly to the speakers as well - DO NOT use the factory wiring. That annoying little factory tweeter in the dash is wired into the same line as the mids and will mess things up if not taken out of the equation. Seal and deaden those doors too or it'll sound like gipe! You probably know all of this tho :rolleyes: Oh, I've been told those doors can actually easily house a pair of 8 inchers too. Good luck.
Theres a twitter somewhere in the dash?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Theres a twitter somewhere in the dash?

No, but there is a 'tweeter' in the dash. They are located up near the windshield in each corner of the dash. They have factory covers over them that just pry up (if you wanted to take them out that is).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, but there is a 'tweeter' in the dash. They are located up near the windshield in each corner of the dash. They have factory covers over them that just pry up (if you wanted to take them out that is).
Are you sure that the Camry non JBL as these tweeters?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Are you sure that the Camry non JBL as these tweeters?
Positive. My Camry had them and it did not have the JBL system either. It was an SE but I am virtually positive that it was a standard option on all Camry's. Just pry up the panel and you will see.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Positive. My Camry had them and it did not have the JBL system either. It was an SE but I am virtually positive that it was a standard option on all Camry's. Just pry up the panel and you will see.
I will do that tonight. Because I checked with the dealer/many audio shops and none told me this is true. The tweeters are front only? Or they hiding somewhere in the back also?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Sorry man, I just noticed that it was a 2004 which is the previous model. I had a 2010. I don't know if they have the tweets or not. I would tend to agree with your other people and say no tweets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts