DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Hey from Oz - Nissan Cube monster build

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OzBeefer 
#1 ·
Hey all, so rather than bore you with details about me, I've attached the plan for my 2003 Nissan Cube, "Project Extreme Fidelity Cubed".

The system is completely up and running on the garage bench, and sounds AMAZING - I'm regularly getting complaints from the kids that the windows on the other side of the house are rattling, so hopefully that means it'll be pretty impressive inside the car....

It uses a fully digital Alpine system, taking a feed straight out of the SPDIF connector on the Cubeputer's audio card - the difference between this and the standard analogue audio output is simply stunning!!

(Some of you may notice something missing in the design, which has already become evident during testing - see if you can spot it ;) )

I'm currently fabricating the door speaker pods, and I need to come up with a sexy way to mount the two centre-channel 5" speakers into the top of the dash to reflect off the windshield - the sub enclosure is already built. I'll continue to update progress as I'm getting to the pointy end of the project.......

Adam

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
So as promised, here's a quick update on progress so far:

Over the weekend I built the SPL side of the system, wired for power and major amps all bolted in.

I took it to a local sound-off comp as a bit of a test and tune exercise, only to find I won my category (Super Street) with a reasonable 145.1db @ 40htz.

This was a big surprise as I didn't expect to place, especially considering I have no headunit yet and I was playing an ANALOG youtube sine sweep through my Blackberry's 3.5mm plug....

Couple of pics of the setup are attached - next stage, computer/Alpine digital processor :)

Adam

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.