DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been continually looking for a new amplifier to replace my Kappa 5 amp in my Acura TL. I have been looking for a four channel amplifier to run two channels to the front end and bridge the remaining two channels for my subwoofer. After looking I see the Hifonics HFi100.4 does 100x4 and when bridged gives me 400 watts at 4 ohms for my sub (Image Dynamics IDQ12v2d2). It seems to be a good suit for my front components (Morel Maximo) and for the sub and great price of $149.99 at sonicelectronix. However, I am using signal from stock headunit which has differential balanced inputs. Iirc the Hifonics Zeus takes balanced inputs which I found two options for my install (ZXi150.4 $299.99 and ZXi60.4+1k $329.99) but I have no idea if the lower end HFi series will. I was hoping someone can chime in and help me out with any knowledge if this amp can take it or should I continue to look elsewhere. If the HFi does not take balanced inputs I am open to suggestions of other brands/makes that hopefully will at the same price point. I am looking for at least 100 to front channels and bridged at least 300 for sub but if I could get more that would be great, especially on the sub channel.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts