DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this monster in my car right now, and quite honestly the only reason I have it is to drive difficult .25 ohm loads of my door speakers. I am using it as a biamped front component amp right now.

Thoughts about the sound quality?

I am wishing I had something smaller that was easier to fit in my 240sx and am considering just redoing the entire system. The question is whether or not that amp should remain in the car. I also have a pair of massive RS-50s and a broken (but I could repair it) soundstream D'artagnan 6 channel.

Thanks guys, just weighing my options here.

Evan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That amp drives .25 (well more like .5 or something) with ease. My door woofers are inverted voicecoil woofers from the front of an RX8 that I put in a couple years ago as an experiment. It worked out pretty well for getting me the bass up front that I wanted. I would leave them in there except I hate being suck with such a limited quantity of amps that will drive them.

The reason I used them is because my car is loud, and I needed lots of midbass to overcome the road noise and loud exhaust.

Evan

EDIT; Oh yeah, and they were free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.