DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new car, and unfortunately it was maid in a time where car audio wasn't on the manufactures priority list.

The only speakers the car is born with is two 6,5" co-axial speakers in the rear deck.

So im looking for the best 6,5" co-axial speakers that i can finde.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
what kinda HU? amplifiers? having good speakers dont mean a thing if you are not giving them good clean power from a clean HU. might as well buy mediocre speakers. they will be cheaper and sound the same :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HU and AMP will come later, so i dont know what i am going to use there. As for now I just need some speakers.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
ok...........budget?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you are looking at upgrading later, look at some of the convertable coaxs.

ID xs65, cxs64
memphis MCS6

any of those 3 can be converted to comps later. they all come with a real phase plug

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hybrid Mirus sounds very nice. I had a chance to listen to a set the other day. I was really impressed. If you want to convert to component later, the Imagine series are also very nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're willing to make your own crossovers, maybe try the Seas Prestige coaxials. No 6.5" AFAIK, but they make a 5" and a 7". I've never used them myself, but Seas makes great drivers for home audio.

Madisound carries the Prestige coaxials.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have focal coaxials that I converted for use in an active system. fantastic sound and the ability to adjust the angle of the tweeter.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1. You can throw a set of 6.5 components on the rear deck with a tweeters put near woofers.
2. You can use 6.5 woofers in the rear deck, and tweeters upfront. May sound better than just 6.5 coaxes/comps from behind. May be really good if your car is short (2-seat).
3. Check out morel integra, they are built like a good speaker, with proper coax setup (tweeter is at the same level as woofer's cone).

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I am so used to sound coming from front that I probably wouldn't even bother with upgrading rear speakers, much less with very good coaxial speakers..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts