DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is probably a noob question. i just wanted confirmation.

I'm running Factory HU into a DSP Highlevel. but i'm retaining the factory speaker out to rear fill. Running new wire for front stage, i am going 9-speed wire from t-harness to input of dsp.

do i just T it up front for signal to DSP and leave it connected to car harness to power to rear speaker?

i assume it acts the same line out converter used to give say a signal to amp off rear channel.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So rear speakers just powered by HU, not through dsp?

Just leave it as is on the rear lines. Connect to the front left+right leads on the HU to your high level inputs on the dsp and then RCA's out to your amps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So rear speakers just powered by HU, not through dsp?

Just leave it as is on the rear lines. Connect to the front left+right leads on the HU to your high level inputs on the dsp and then RCA's out to your amps
guess i need to verify with a RTA to be sure, i was just planning on using all inputs for dsp. i wasn't sure if the rears carried some signal that wasn't present for the fronts... like some HU's have the lows in rear or something. obviously if its full range out everywhere no issues.

if i did need to tap into rears for signal but wanted to keep them on hu power a T acceptable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts