DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 speakers (tweeters in dash, front door 6x9 and rear door coax) that I need to run into a 2 OHM stable amp. Can this be done with a 4ch amp? I have Infinity Kappa 90csx up front and I want to use the crossovers with these. What would be some solutions for this?

·
Registered
712 Posts
that is pretty much how those are intended to be used, channel 1 to left crossover, which then goes to mid and tweet, channel 2 to right crossover, which, again, then goes to mid and tweet, channel 3 left rear coax, channel 4 right rear coax

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is pretty much how those are intended to be used, channel 1 to left crossover, which then goes to mid and tweet, channel 2 to right crossover, which, again, then goes to mid and tweet, channel 3 left rear coax, channel 4 right rear coax
Problem isn't the output, it's the input. From my HU I have 12 wires for 6 speakers. I need a 4ch amp that has 6 or more high level inputs or I just need to go with a 6ch amp?

·
Registered
712 Posts
if you want to use a 4 channel amp you can get a 6 channel loc with summing like an LC6i or a wavetech link 6, but you probably dont need it, you front door mids are likely getting a full range signal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts