DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

high pitched mid bass & sharp tweets any suggetions ?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aphexacid 
#1 ·
Ok here is my current set up Clarion DXZ785USB head, Audison srx3.1 powering MB quart older tweets, altec lansing mids up front and a pair of JL 5x7`s in the back doors of a e350 van plus a rockford 3.1 bass amp powering a hertz es300. So here`s my question I installed the Audison and my wife hates how high pitched the tweets plus mids are, I just upgraded from an older Linear power amp with an alpine head witch wasn`t near as sharpe sounding. I have some funky custom crossovers built by a pro many years ago so the other day I even tried taking those out of the line thinking the amp and those were causing the ultra highs. Any way I am open to speaker options info or helpful ideas.
Thanx to all Curly

#3 ·
MB Quart tweets = bleeding ears.

Its a frequency response issue. Fix the FR by either going active to have control, or change up your gear and use the passive crossover included in said gear. Maybe a more laid-back setup would work here. Think , soft-dome tweeters and neutral mids.

#4 ·
Thank you for your input, yes my wife says her ears a bleeding and dogs down the street are barking, any suggestions on Tweets plus mids to use without braking the bank
I also made a slight error with my amp it is the SRX 4, Im guessing the MB`s might be a great fill in for the back seeing it is a large cargo van but it has been completely insulated and paneled.

#7 ·
Personally, i think it doesnt have enough adjustments. I'm floored that it doesnt have independent front and rear HPF for a non active speaker setup. We can do this from the amp, sure, but come on. this is a very simple thing.

And i wish they would have added more hpf frequencies.

I really hope that i can cut the harshness out of the equation. Its no question that its the deck, and my eq is flat.

good luck to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.