4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No and No.
SI owner is Nick.
He designs his own stuff.
They have a known working relationship.

The cones are very stiff.
Oh they are .... okay!!!

Okay this is excellent, I can’t wait to try them now. If anything they’ll make good rears
But I get the feeling I’m going to love them

What’s with the DVC? Why was that adopted

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nick specifically stated it was for wiring options. They can eat up power if you want them to. Now you have more of a chance to make your amp happy while they do it.
Okay yeah, we’ll at a minimum I can try a resistive damping circut with a resistor and ajust the QTS a little , might actually come in handy

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Obaieo, heres a members older review of the orginal TM65 woofers--

There are also several other reviews of the mk2 and ,k3 models, but I am pretty sure that the mk1 is what you will want to try.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I lov
Obaieo, heres a members older review of the orginal TM65 woofers--

There are also several other reviews of the mk2 and ,k3 models, but I am pretty sure that the mk1 is what you will want to try.
I love it when he says they kick like no other lol . Thx for sharing that

Yeah I’m reading a lot about them, and everyone says the bass is the best and super sharp. IIRC xbl motors use short coils and add a lot more BL or flux or something to make up the difference. So the bass would be sharp if it’s coil is short,

And 9mm one way, that will massively help when Dirac wants to boost the crap out of the dip at 150 on the left side.

And I’m certain I can change the Q with a dvc , and being I’m not planning to use tons of power it shouldn’t be a issue, so I can actually tune the Q to the enclosure some (at least take it up if I want a peak above whereever fs is in the enclosure) I know I can’t lower the Q but still it’s those options I like to have..

I haven’t been this excited about a driver in awhile. It’s very unusual and different I can’t wait to try it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This site has the klippel data on the v2 version didn't do to well much lower sensitivity than spec and the suspension was very bad xmax was less than half stated look it up under the klippel info its vs the gb60

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That not high QTS actually, it’s more a mid Q
And for a door that actually a very good speaker. Lots of ppl use the and like them
I’ve installed several sets and thought the performance was very good.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts