DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Registered
It helps to solder small things under good magnification.
The exact reason I invested in a good quality microscope for my home lab. It cost me over $1000 but has come in real handy the past 15 years.

Registered
Reactions: stegmsk

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
Hands with age or from constant tool/coupling vibrations is an issue for tradesmen. My hands at 41 can quiver if I were to hold them up to show steady or not. Those are working hands and probably a fair bit older than mine. You earn the shake. I bet we are all mostly solder suckers! haha
My day job is really brutal on my body I lift constantly and I think some of my shaking is inherited normally when I do intricate things i try and rest my forearms on something for stability.

Registered
I may have missed one of your comments. But, why did you remove the power transistors? Be careful soldering those back in. You don't want to damage your PCB's.

Registered
Discussion Starter #67
I may have missed one of your comments. But, why did you remove the power transistors? Be careful soldering those back in. You don't want to damage your PCB's.
They weren't located very well so I'm going to precisely locate them when I'd do final assembly. there is a ledge that is machined on the heatsink and the clamping bars will have slots. I will resolder once the transitors are clamped into place.

Registered
Discussion Starter #70
I have maybe a dumb question with the RCA cable would it be better to ground the shield to the RCA ground wire or the chassis or is the chassis a bad idea since the power supply is going to be grounded the the chassis.

Registered
Discussion Starter #73
progress will be a little bit slow on this I'm getting worked to death at my job right now. I've been to tired to do much of anything. I think Honda is trying to kill me.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts