DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name Is Peter and i Live in Poland, Europe. Im New on This Forum and i want to introduce You guys my new concept and work about my 2008 Honda Civic Type-R.

Thats my concept:

1.Changer control Alpine CRA-1656SP-by Ainet to changer
2.Alpine Changer CHM-624-by coaxial to DAC
3.Blue Alps Pot.-by RCA to Preamp and DAC
4.DAC Nakamichi 111-by coaxial to changer
5.Preamp Audiocontrol Matrix-to Addzest by RCA
6.Amplifier Addzest APA4400-On Front
7.Kenwood 1021-On Subwoofer
8.Signal cables are AIV Colorado

Spekaers:
Front speakers are: Tweeter DLS Scandinavia 1, Midrange Scandinavia 3, Woofer Focal K2 Power
Subwoofer: Phase Linear Aliante 12

What do you think about that? Maybe you have some sugestion and you can help me. Thanks. Today later i put some pictures. First Pictures of Aliante

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys actually i used passive crossovers original from scnadinavia + from 3way focal and they are not too good. What i can do else? Maybe built my own crossovers? What do you sugested?

·
Registered
757 Posts
A lot of people here run active crossovers. The downside do that is you need an amp channel for each component (tweeter, mid, woofer each needs a channel, it adds up quickly).

You could build your own crossovers, but a lot of what you're really needing to adjust is the xover points themselves, and so to adjust that you have to adjust the value of the components in the xover... basically a lot of part swapping.

In your case, you could try running the woofers active with the mids and tweets having some passive component to them. Or just source a small amp for your tweets.

Build is great though, neat car too. We don't get those here in the US (we don't get that body style at all actually).

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
good setup. ive heard the scans, their very nice. i was thinking about running the tweeters my self but i already have L1R2's form hybrid so i'll probobly end up using those.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think about Mcintosh on my tweeters what do you think? The only problem is in Poland its very hard to buy anything from Mcintosh equipment :( i put more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I think you want flatter nuts on that wave guide.. i know it's not much but the obstructutions do effect the wave guide. it looks cool but It's not the best idea.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I wonder why Honda never sold that hatchback model here in the United States

Do they sell the coupe and sedan in Poland?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hi guys actually i used passive crossovers original from scnadinavia + from 3way focal and they are not too good. What i can do else? Maybe built my own crossovers? What do you sugested?
Go active and throw the passives away

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Great job with the pillars - large drivers. I was strongly considering those DLS scan mid range drivers, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to give them the enclosure / air save they needed.

Echo what others have said - very cool looking car.... am a fan of active processing as well, but many have made passives work well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts