DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you....

Not everyone grinds on deals like this! Even though I'm not in the market for these, I have been grateful for others who have lined me up with good deals such as this.

Don't give up man!!! :)
You are right, it isn't everyone, just a select few. I'll keep up the good fight.

BTW, I do this because I am not the kinda guy who will drop ~$1000 for a set of Utopia tweeters or whatever, and the spirit of DIYMA (Npdang's version anyway) is to use value-priced products to get world-class sound. It is easy to spend money to get good sound, most of us would agree that if you throw enough money at something (and that would include paying a pro installer/tuner), then you get a good result eventually. But if you have a real budget because you have a family and limited hobby funds like most of us, then this is worthless. Tweeters like this can do great things for those on a budget. Hence, the "hot deal" subforum is still alive and well.

Sometimes I wonder if DIYMA needs to split into two pieces. A "realistic price point" section, and a "I have more money in my system than my house" section.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Same as the last thread, people look at gift (or extreme-discount) horses in the mouth, create comments based on things they are assuming or inferring instead of knowing for certain (like, oh that guy has to be selling stolen stuff), and people think that this is OK somehow. You say I have no stand, which I am taking to infer that I have nothing to do with it. But I do, you see I purchased them and now I'm recommending them. So, that's personal, VERY personal in fact.

I take it personally for the same reason I took offense to what you said in Nick's thread about SI speakers to me (indirectly.) You don't have a dog in the fight (I do, I bought three pair of them suckers with broken terminals), but you comment like I don't know what I'm talking about. It is an assumption you've incorrectly made, and then you're creating rude comments on this incorrect assumption.

Maybe it is a language barrier thing but you are extremely condescending in the English language, and "judgy". So I'd appreciate you laying off. If you purchased these and discovered they weren't legit or were a bad product or something, I'd relish your comments, however you have no dog in this fight, right? So, just like you said yourself, why are you commenting?
Dude, seriously, stop reading between lines especially when there is nothing between them.
I`ve seen so many fakes people presenting as legit it`s not even funny.
Yet I didn`t suggested that once you recommended are fakes, aren`t I?
In your opinion they legit, I`ve got that. In your opinion.
You think you remember how originals looks like. Maybe they are maybe they don`t.
Hey, I`ve seen Sinfoni amps from Alibaba.com, some people insist they legit too. :laugh:
Point at hand you overthinking the situation.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've contacted the vendor to see if there's a supply chain we can dig into or if this was all there was.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got a message from the seller asking if I saw advertising for these somewhere because of the high us sales of late.

Maybe we can get fourthmeal a commission lol

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I got a message from the seller asking if I saw advertising for these somewhere because of the high us sales of late.

Maybe we can get fourthmeal a commission lol

I'll just take free speakers to test, lol.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just got a timely email from the vendor, David is super-cool, he said he was surprised when 13 pair sold in no time at all. Said that thinks he can stock more, and he'll check on doing that. I also suggested, if he can get them, to get the install accessories since they are really nice. The swivel mount is what I had in my 08 Tribute, and it was great to get these guys on axis on an otherwise flat panel.

Anyway, looks like he can restock and we can terrorize his supply again soon. hahah.

·
Registered
821 Posts
you know i actually saw these a few ago. i was like meh. but since everyone wanted them i had to get a pair LOL just kidding!! but no seriously he had like over 40 pairs a few wks ago.

·
Registered
17,885 Posts
He emailed me to asking where all the sudden sales came from lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just got a timely email from the vendor, David is super-cool, he said he was surprised when 13 pair sold in no time at all. Said that thinks he can stock more, and he'll check on doing that. I also suggested, if he can get them, to get the install accessories since they are really nice. The swivel mount is what I had in my 08 Tribute, and it was great to get these guys on axis on an otherwise flat panel.

Anyway, looks like he can restock and we can terrorize his supply again soon. hahah.
Man if someone could find a source for mounts that would be great.

·
Registered
17,885 Posts
anyone know if these are the scan designed ones? or the vifa designed ones?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts

The more I look Nick I'm thinking vifa
Looks like Vifa maybe this thread will help to figure it out

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/136014-new-alpine-spx-pro-ring-radiator-tweeter-pair-vifa-xt25-$60-shipped.html

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/136014-new-alpine-spx-pro-ring-radiator-tweeter-pair-vifa-xt25-$60-shipped.html

·
Registered
4,551 Posts

Huhhh whatever link not working screen shot then

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts

I looked at these a while back, definitely Vifa version. The Scan 2904's are a lot deeper. You have to go into the actual item description for more pics. There are pics showing how shallow this tweet is. If I thought these were the Scans, I would have bought a bunch and made some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 596 Posts