DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

601 - 615 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wish that I would have bought more then one pair. Since they have gone over the 150usd range, what is the next cheap bang for buck?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I see them on eBay here and there... honestly if I had paid $120 for a pair I would not be upset. I bought 2 pair when they were the forum boner way back.

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
I wish that I would have bought more then one pair. Since they have gone over the 150usd range, what is the next cheap bang for buck?
What are you talking about? These can still be had for $40 shipped. BUT, you will be waiting a while. Current estimates are 8+ weeks out.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
What are you talking about? These can still be had for $40 shipped. BUT, you will be waiting a while. Current estimates are 8+ weeks out.
Where? I might just buy a set for shitz and giggles.

Ge0

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
But you said you can still order them with an 8 week delay. From where?

Ge0

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
^^^What he said.^^^

Hmm, I was planning on a future upgrade to some Audiofrogs but these are intriguing. I can confirm that I have bought Alpine Type - R tweeters from china for a ridiculously low price like $30 and I believe they retail for $160 or so. Anyways I had my reservations but they ended up being genuine as far as I can tell. I did a pretty thourough visual examination on the tweeter, and included crossover and my best conclusion was that the company in china continued production after they got done producing for Alpine. These may be a similar situation where China was producing for Alpine and then they just did final "assembling"/packaging in denmark just like how Audiocontrol does with some of their cheaper items that the components are made in china but then they do the final assembly in the US.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Even though I don't currently need them I just ordered a pair. So, they are still available on the cheap. They would have worked excellent in my Grand Cherokee. But not in my latest vehicle. But who knows what car is next. If can use these I'll have them in my tool box...

Ge0

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
Courtesy of Lanson...

601 - 615 of 615 Posts