DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
621 - 640 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well fwiw I bought a pair when these were the forum boner years ago. For hahas I bought another pair this early spring and they look identical in every way. As far as current test don’t think anyone’s done one as of late besides the occasional review.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I know the ones in original link were the real deal however that link no longer exists. I just wanted to make sure the newer link is of the same tweets and not knock offs
Knock offs of knock offs?lol

Reactions: bbfoto

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well fwiw I bought a pair when these were the forum boner years ago. For hahas I bought another pair this early spring and they look identical in every way. As far as current test don’t think anyone’s done one as of late besides the occasional review.
Did you test the latest set ? I just pulled the trigger on 2 sets myself

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes firing across each other. The pillar has a tiny angle maybe 15* from the factory. So right side slightly angles to driver and left to passenger. For this pink noise test we crossed them over at 1000 Hz for safety. Normally I have them crossed over 3000 Hz and up with a 24db slope. Seems to be the sweet spot in my car. I posted a picture a few posts up. I’d prefer them more on axis but this is a budget build.

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
557 Posts
Seems like they're all gone on e-bay, but I found this site that is selling them pretty cheap (~$76 CAD) but I don't know if they're legit...

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
557 Posts
I just bought another set on eBay the other day $29
Hmm...Then I was looking at wrong link I guess...Shows 0 available and the price was 199
Can you post the link please

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
557 Posts
Ah ok. I was looking at originals I think. Thank you.

Reactions: lucas569

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
It's a really good deal for the performance they offer. The original Alpine replacements were $17 per tweeter from Pac-Parts when the Alpine SPX-13PRO & SPX-17PRO component sets were first released.

I also picked up pairs of the 6.5" and 5.25" SPX-PRO mids from Pac-Parts back then, too. IIRC, they were $54 & $47 each respectively. The complete retail boxed component sets with XOs, grills, and mounting hardware were $699 or $799.

People complained that the 6.5" drivers lacked midbass output. Never understood that claim! At the time I was running them in well-deadened & sealed front door locations with a HPF of 40Hz @ 12dB/octave and they were impressive! The phase plug worked extremely well to dissapate heat. :) My subwoofer setup was at 30Hz @ 6dB/octave with phase reversed. The 6" mids had excellent midrange response as well.

I still have the 5.25" & 6.5" drivers. I'd love for Erin to test them on the Klippel just to see their performance on paper, but there's really no point as these are no longer available.

But it'd be interesting to see tweeter measurements on this latest eBay batch. I still have the original Alpine tweeters as well, which would be a good comparison.

621 - 640 of 669 Posts