DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather's miserable, anybody want to get together and do some 12-oz curls and shoot the breeze?

I'm in the NW 'burbs, post up with suggestions on where if you're interested. I'm thinking Downtown/Midtown. Maybe Blind Willies for some blues?

Bill

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right, we've got 2!

When for me is anytime but Friday night, I'm making payroll and chasing checks and I'm pretty much shot out by the end of the day.

Where is open to debate, I know stereo_luver is around the corner from me, Slade1274 is 'way across town Northeast and Audible Physics is ditto Southeast. That's why I suggested Midtown, it's kind of central.

And I luv the Blues! That's why I threw out Blind Willies, it's central, good music, good food. But it's crowded on weekends so I'm thinking of a weekday thing.

Chime in, y'all!

Bill

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Midtown, Virginia Highlands, or Decatur (Brick Store!) sounds fun. Depending on date and such, of course.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Depending on the date and my travel schedule, I might make it.

Check with millerlyte, strakele, wdemetrius1 as well.
Depends on the date and time for strakele and wdemetrius1. One could be out in Texas and the other works overnight. I'd be in for sure. WE could practice our audio etiquette this weekend Saturday 07/02 since chefhow will be making a trip down south. Nothing special this weekend. Just a small meet and listen session since time will be shorter with chef's visit.

BTW: Bill it was a pleasure meeting you and having a listen to your set-up yesterday. Ditch the auto set-up mic on that P99 and start tuning dude. No time like the present to start learning. And if all goes well on Saturday you should have a few sets of aers and some advice to get you rolling in the right direction.

Chuck

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the replies, maybe some weekend in July or early August? Those of you who travel post up your free dates and let's work around that.

Chuck, the pleasure's all mine. :) Great system you've got in that RAM! I did some tweaking on levels last night and reset TA to measured distances for a starting point. I'm still trying to figure out how the P99 can think my sub's 13 feet away.... :confused:

Looking forward to seeing you guys Saturday, I'm dying to hear those XR3Ms in different locations.

Thanks, guys!
Bill

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I wish I were going to be around for this. I'm in Atlanta this week (I don't have my car), but I may have it here the last week of July. Bill, if you want to get a listen to my XR's then, let me know.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
??????

wtf?
Drivers side Front axle cv joint blew out, drivers side control arm twisted slightly and possible trans spline damage. I'll know tonight but it's not looking good. Surgery starts on the sled after work. Along as the trans is ok its worth salvaging, otherwise it's toast.

So you got any suggestions on a sub $7500 car that has lower mileage? 4 doors and install friendly.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Depends on the date and time for strakele and wdemetrius1. One could be out in Texas and the other works overnight. I'd be in for sure. WE could practice our audio etiquette this weekend Saturday 07/02 since chefhow will be making a trip down south. Nothing special this weekend. Just a small meet and listen session since time will be shorter with chef's visit.

BTW: Bill it was a pleasure meeting you and having a listen to your set-up yesterday. Ditch the auto set-up mic on that P99 and start tuning dude. No time like the present to start learning. And if all goes well on Saturday you should have a few sets of aers and some advice to get you rolling in the right direction.

Chuck

We might be able to work something out, depending on the date.:p

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I wish that you guys were meeting earlier on Saturday, then I could swing by for a little while. I still maybe be able to, we'll see.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts