DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Agreed. I'm still learning how to tune as well and one of the hardest parts for me is knowing which freq-range to adjust via EQ to address the tonality "issue" that I'm hearing. Just takes a lot of trial and error to figure a lot of this stuff out. Car audio tuning is WAY more involved than I ever expected, that is for sure! :)

If you have the Helix... I've seen a lot of peeps will use 'Input Alignment' also known as Input EQ, for their tonality. (After Tuning to speaker curve) It has 5 PEQ bands per pair of Speakers.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you have the Helix... I've seen a lot of peeps will use 'Input Alignment' also known as Input EQ, for their tonality. (After Tuning to speaker curve) It has 5 PEQ bands per pair of Speakers.
Yeah, I wish I could use the input EQ, but since I use an optical connection, the whole input analyzer/EQ side of the Helix is useless - it doesn't work with the optical connection.

However, now that I've tuned mainly with GEQ and just used a few PEQ filters for areas where GEQ wasn't enough, I can easily adjust my tonality using the Helix "relative" EQ setup. I can just link two channels (L/R midbass or L/R dash speakers, for example) and then adjust the appropriate GEQ bands - this allows me to adjust tonality "on the fly" quickly while also keeping left and right the same.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts