Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Yes - But only a sub forum of an existing forum

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Tools for what? Like to sell? or talk about them and how to use said tools?

Explain.. I am at a loss here.. :confused:

·
Registered
475 Posts
I’d say anything tools. Usage, quality, vintage, new, price etc.

I have a few stories about back in the day with low funds and getting creative to get the job done. Like cutting PVC pipe and using it as a fork seal driver. Or stealing my wife’s turkey baster and modifying it to get the correct fork oil height.

Except for sales, that should probably go under classifieds. Another exception would be people. They can be tools sometimes too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have made a fair amound of "custom" tools in my day, but almost none of them have been for stereo-related work. No one cares to see the wrench that I shaved in half today so that it could fit between two panels and turn a bolt.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about a section to dicuss, compare, review tools and techniques/questions as to how to use them. ive had a few tools questions over the last couple weeks

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Oh...I thought you meant some of the members........You mean tools like craftsman, snap-on, etc........Oh I was way off.......Yeah why not?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I was thinking about a section to dicuss, compare, review tools and techniques/questions as to how to use them. ive had a few tools questions over the last couple weeks
Honestly, that's a great idea. Much frustration can be avoided in car audio by using the right tool for the job. Where to begin though, lol. Hand tools might be an appropriate starter topic.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly, that's a great idea. Much frustration can be avoided in car audio by using the right tool for the job. Where to begin though, lol. Hand tools might be an appropriate starter topic.
If we open a forum, Ill start the first post with my new router I just bought today. I like the idea of posting up some homemade tools or inventive ways that people have gotten things done, perhaps avoiding buying expensive tools. I made my own circle jig that has served me well on my old router, however ill have to make a new one for the new router

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If we open a forum, Ill start the first post with my new router I just bought today. I like the idea of posting up some homemade tools or inventive ways that people have gotten things done, perhaps avoiding buying expensive tools. I made my own circle jig that has served me well on my old router, however ill have to make a new one for the new router
That would be awesome for me, I don't have any real experience with routers.
I'll have to think back, I know I've invented a few things to get'er done.
Maybe a list of the basics to get started installing.
I'll start by adding a bench vice.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
A bench vice is an absolute must have, not only for installing but for general household/automotive work use. I need to invest in one ASAP
Yeah I've got a 6" vise that has served me pretty well, but I would really like to have a larger one for the heavier stuff. Sometimes when I'm wailing on it with a 3lb dead-blow it wants to jump around more than I wish it would. :eek::D

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yeah I've got a 6" vise that has served me pretty well, but I would really like to have a larger one for the heavier stuff. Sometimes when I'm wailing on it with a 3lb dead-blow it wants to jump around more than I wish it would. :eek::D
Jump around? It's not bolted down?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts