DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so my clock and hazards button and a few other things were all integrated into one computer chip screen thingy. I took out that thingy to put in a large screen headunit.

I was wondering if the hazards are a single 12v + and - wire and I just gotta find out which two wires to hook a switch to or if it's more complicated than that?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
994 Posts
What car is it? Does the indicators work with the hazard switch unplugged? If no, you’re gonna have to relocate that piece, if yes, use your probe or multimeter (probe is much faster) to find the trigger wire while turning the hazards on and off.

· Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What car is it? Does the indicators work with the hazard switch unplugged? If no, you’re gonna have to relocate that piece, if yes, use your probe or multimeter (probe is much faster) to find the trigger wire while turning the hazards on and off.
2011 Scion TC.

Indicators as in turn signalss?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

· Registered
170 Posts
If the switch latches in place when you press it then it is a (-) trigger to the BCM.
- As long as the BCM sees ground from the hazard switch then the hazards will flash; remove ground and the hazards stop flashing

If you press the switch (button does not stay latched/springs back to position) and the hazards activate, then the BCM is looking for one (-) trigger from the switch to activate and one (-) trigger from the switch to de-activate
- This is similar to how the new Ford vehicle hazard switches operate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.