DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on the Focal K2P's midbass response strictly used as midbass as opposed to the Seas ? It will be paired with Lotus RM110 and Ref Tweeter. I'd preferably like to stick with a 4ohm driver ...for power concerns.

·
Registered
250 Posts
the focal is punchier while the seas are snappier. The focal has that full bodied midbass that you normall associate with Scanspeak drivers. Why not just get the Seas to compliment your midrange and tweeters? :D

I have a buddy (use to be on ECA) where he went from a full 3-way focal polykevlar k2p setup to a now 2-way lotus. He liked everything about the Seas more than the focal, and I dont blame him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there seems to be a love/hate relationship with the mb of the rw165 ??? I'm kinda on the fence but I thought that the focal mids were not as *in your face* as the seas were ? I'm familiar with the DLS drivers and they were a bit too muddy for my tastes. I have heard the scans but that was so long ago......

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Which Seas are we talking about? Because Imho the Focal's don't even begin to compare to the W18NX... that driver is just beastly!

·
Registered
415 Posts
jsoto said:
there seems to be a love/hate relationship with the mb of the rw165 ??? I'm kinda on the fence but I thought that the focal mids were not as *in your face* as the seas were ? I'm familiar with the DLS drivers and they were a bit too muddy for my tastes. I have heard the scans but that was so long ago......
wth does "mb of the rw165" mean???

since when were SEAS "in your face"..? who said that?? which SEAS drivers are we talking about? SEAS makes LOTS of speakers! why are we comparing them to only the K2P's?

From my experiences with Focal and Seas, they both sound good in their own way, but its also depending on which speakers youre listening to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts