DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the sake of simplification, assume I have only two audio wires coming out of my HU, one positive and one negative for a mono signal. These audio wires are carrying line level signal, NOT speaker level. I need to get this line level mono signal into a “box” that only has one RCA input. How do I do this?

One requirement: the method I use cannot change the level of the signal prior to going into the “box.”

Would cutting the wires, attaching them to one of these, and then plugging it into the box work? There are a lot of similar connectors I see online. I’ve noticed that many are listed as “speaker wire to RCA” adapters. Since the wires I’m trying to adapt aren’t carrying speaker level signal, it’s my understanding that they technically aren’t speaker wires, so would these kind of adapters still be appropriate? And if useable, would they change the level of the signal in any way? (Which isn’t what I want).

I’m being vague because I don’t need any advice on the big picture of my installation. I just need the answer to this one piece of the puzzle.

Thank you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I get that you're trying to simplify a concept but it may be too much oversimplification...I don't understand your objective but one single wire?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@The Italian I realized I mentioned cutting wires without explaining why I needed to cut them but the cutting wires part isn't actually relevant here. I just want to know how one converts two line level wires (positive and negative) into an RCA input. Let's say the ends of the wire already have bare wire exposed.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
@The Italian I realized I mentioned cutting wires without explaining why I needed to cut them but the cutting wires part isn't actually relevant here. I just want to know how one converts two line level wires (positive and negative) into an RCA input. Let's say the ends of the wire already have bare wire exposed.
What you linked will do, or check out monoprice where you can choose from a ton of different options, like this:

·
Registered
310 Posts
What you linked will do, or check out monoprice where you can choose from a ton of different options, like this:
I second gijoe's suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts