DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of you running an active 3-way front and rear-fill with a subwoofer, how do you power up all 9 channels?

Right now I have a monoblock for the subwoofer and a 4 channel amp for the front, and I plan on getting another 4 channel amp to run the midbass and rears.

2x 4 channel amps
1x monoblock

How important is it to you that your amps are the same?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
it is not important. depending on the budget and how much you need for the sub, it makes sense to buy a 6 channel for up front, and a 4 channel that can power the rears and bridge 2 channels for the sub.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
it makes sense to buy a 6 channel for up front, and a 4 channel that can power the rears and bridge 2 channels for the sub.
This is exactly what I do.

6 channel for the front.
4 channel for rear fill and bridged sub.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
how important is it to you that your amps are the same?
Not important at all... just size the amps appropriately for the speakers you're driving.
In your case; 2 x 4 channel amps plus a mono would be perfect for what you're doing.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
5 channel amps are my favorites because they help keep gear count (space taken) to a minimum. A 5 channel coupled with a 4 will keep things down to 2 amps and depending on the amps chosen, you can still have plenty of power where you desire. Example .. PDX-V9 + F4 or F6 if you want staggered power. Others can be similar.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 5 channel 4 x 100 & 1 x 600 so sub gets 600w and I bridge 4 channels to get 2 x 200 for mid bass and I have a 6 channel 6 x 100 for mids, tweeter, & center with 1 channel not being used. So that's 8 channels routed thru a Helix DSP.3.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I am one who would rather have a class ab 4 channel for tweeters and midrange, a more powerful 4 channel for midbass, and a much more powerful monoblock class D for the subs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So for those of you running an active 3-way front and rear-fill with a subwoofer, how do you power up all 9 channels?

Right now I have a monoblock for the subwoofer and a 4 channel amp for the front, and I plan on getting another 4 channel amp to run the midbass and rears.

2x 4 channel amps
1x monoblock

How important is it to you that your amps are the same?
Here my plan:

Front: 2 way active
Rear: pair of 6.5" coaxials
Subwoofer: One Audiofrog GS12D2

I'm getting a Zapco ST6XSQ for the Front (Ch 1 to 4) and Rears (Ch 5 & 6); Zapco ST-1000XM II for the subwoofer.

I guess this does it as I am not planning on going 3-way front.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an Audison Forza AP8.9 feeding my 3-way active front and 2 rear fills and then an Audiocontrol LC1.800 powering my sub. More than enough power for my front stage and both amps are fairly compact, which is nice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I use a Helix V-EIGHT DSP MK2 on my 3 ways, rears fill, and center and a Helix M-ONEx on my subs. It would be easy to eliminate the center and run stereo rears, but I didn't do that even before the center channel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts